Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz, Doctor
Experience:  GP
108331350

I had a TKR 2 years ago and just over 1 year the pin came

I had a TKR 2 years ago and just over 1 year the pin came away from the cement in my shin, and have been told i have an infection by blood test. am waiting aspiration and another new knee replacement, can the infect do harm to me if i have to keep waiting. I have been told it was urgent over 6 months ago but still waiting.
JA: Have you used any medication for the infection?
Customer: No it's inside my knee no open sores.
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the infection?
Customer: Yes when i was first told but the doctor said they would not work on my knee, i asked my doctor because the hospital never gave me anything.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I am diabetic but it is under control.

Hello My name is***** will try my best to help you.

I am sorry that you are going through this.

If you don't have any fever, any signs of redness, swelling and inablitiy to weight bear around the knee, there is nothing to worry about it.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It is a bit swollen and i have pain in my shin and knee and cannot walk upstairs on that knee and can't stand oh it for very long otherwise i suffer real pain

You need to get your bloods done as soon as possible to see if there's any chance of infection. It is really important that the GP examine you as well.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No i can't keep paying money out.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I will have to stop this arrangement.

You don't need to pay any money.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I already have an infection, i was told 6 months ago by a blood test

You need to have repeat bloods done now as you are struggling now.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I rang the hospital last week to push them along seeing as they told me was urgent 6 months ago, and waiting for an aspiration injection, i will ring them again next week.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
As i have already said the pin has come away from the cement in my shin, so it is painful.

Yes, i believe if you cannot walk safely even, you should be admitted in hospital and get theswe sorted as inpateint.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
that's what they have told me, it's just that they are taking their time because they say they are busy which i understand, but my knee has gone wrong and i wanted to make sure that it was doing no harm to me and that when i get it done in the end i have a good result after waiting so long.

You should not wait anymore.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I know that try telling the hospital, that's why i am pestering them because they seem to forget all about you unless you pester them, when i had my first operation i rang up and took a cancellation space, thanks for all your help it makes me more confident to ring and make a fuss, Bye.

Thank you for your consult.