Dr.Sumanth
Dr.Sumanth, Doctor (MD)
Experience:  Consultant Pediatrician at Kanchi Kamakoti CHILDS Trust Hospital
101124971

Dr Sumanth only

Dr Sumanth only

Thank you for requesting me here.

I am currently reviewing your question and be back with your shortly.

All the customer or patient information is masked from us due to privacy concerns.

If you don't mind, may I request you send me the screen shots our previous interaction or remind be here please?

Best regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hello there, I have nasal inflammation and a lump in throat feeling, I’m really worried I have throat cancer

Now I understand . we have discussed this already abotu LPR.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
LPR?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have also been getting really bad heartburn lately which I know is due to anxiety but I have had it mildly before and worried I might get Barrett’s esuphagus? Please help me, I am in genuine fear
1. May I know your age and gender please?
2. Are you having any stridor or noisy breathing during inspiration or expiration?
3. Is there any difficulty in swallowing?
4. Are you experiencing any pooling of saliva at the back of the throat?
5. Have you undergone any procedures like endoscopy or laryngoscopy?
6. Are you experiencing a feeling of something stuck in the throat while swallowing and breathing?
7. Do these symptoms get aggravated during stress and anxiety please?
8. Do these get aggravated during spicy or hot food or cocoa or coffee?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
41 female
No noisy breathing
I can swallow fine
Not pooling but I can feel saliva there
No
Just feels very weird especially when anxious
Sometimes I feel pepper in my throat sensitive to spicy food
Please I’m so scared
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
My stomach is bubbling alot and I can feel a knot in my upper back, like hunger pangs and had really bad heart burn last night but not been eating very much as so anxious, I’m scared my esophsgus is damaged or I have a stomach ulcer
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Please come back
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Please are you there Dr, I’m panicking so much

Thank you for getting back with the requested necessary information.

From your symptom analysis and correlating it with the history that I have gathered from you I feel that what you are experiencing may be two possibilities-

Globus sensation.

Laryngopharngeal reflux or silent reflux

I will explain further please.

Globus sensation:

Globus sensation is a functional esophageal disorder characterized by a sensation of a lump or foreign body in the throat. Globus sensation is a functional esophageal disorder characterized by a sensation of a lump, retained food bolus, or tightness in the throat that is not due to an underlying structural lesion, gastroesophageal reflux disease, mucosal abnormality, or an esophageal motility disorder

A sensation of a lump or foreign body in the throat is common in the general population.

You may need an endoscopy and laryngoscopy and once these are normal - I am sorry to say that we need to attribute this to psychosomatic symptomatology or stress and anxiety.

Regarding management -

The main stay would be - Counseling and cognitive behavioral therapy.

Other options are -

Physiotherapy for the muscles around the throat.

Treatment for postnasal drip - for example, treatment with a nasal spray.

Treatment for acid reflux, including antacid medicines and acid-suppressing medicines.

Stopping smoking.

Treatment for stress, if this is a problem.

Laryngopharyngeal reflux:

Laryngopharyngeal reflux or silent reflux is a common cause of symptoms in the throat like lump in the throat, excessive throat clearing, hoarseness, feeling of post nasal drip without any symptoms of heartburn.

This should be tackled by certain lifestyle modifications, habit changes and also medications.

I suggest -

Head end of the bed elevation.

Do not skip breakfast.

Rather than two or three heavy meals, take small aliquots of four to five meals a day.

Avoid eating 3 hours before going to bed.

Avoid certain foods which can increase the the reflux like whole milk, dairy products, caffeine, chocolate, alcohol, hot tomato sauces, onions, spicy food, citrus fruits, grapefruits and peppermint.

If you are already on - you can take proton pump inhibitors 30 minutes before food, preferably on empty stomach in the morning or before dinner.

Stop medications like nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs including Motrin, Advil and also vitamin C.

Do not don tight stomach compressing clothing.

Home therapy - you can do one tablespoon of of baking soda in 1 cup of warm water, gargling several times a day

May I suggest you discuss these possibilities with your primary care physician and get yourself appropriately evaluated and managed please.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you today!

Is there anything else where I can be of assistance to you in this regard please. We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know.

Kind regards ***** ***** Sumanth Amperayani

Sorry lost connectivity due to bad weather.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
you don’t think I have throat or esophsgul cancer?

No please.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.

No - this is either Irritable bowel syndrome due to stress or laryngo pharyngeal reflux.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
But I can feel the acid and it feels burny a lot of the time
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What if it has been like that for a long time? I’m so scared I have esophagul cancer

But how long have you had these symptoms.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Only really bad since having anxiety the last month or so but I have had it milder in the past

I understand and you should be 100% confident that it is not esophageal cancer. You do not have any symptoms.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
What are the symptoms and thrust cancer as I have noticed I can’t make high pitched sounds
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Throat#
High pitched sounds could as well be a simple laryngitis or over usage of voice.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Well I haven’t been able to for a while

I think we are dealing with globus sensation.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Even if I haven’t been able to sing higher for a year or so!
Here the time is in your favour and anything which has been there for almost 1 year without getting complicated is not cancer.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
But cancer takes time to come?

Not 1 year and not throat cancer.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
you are not concerned by my voice, nose or ears?
I am convinced that it is not cancer and that much I can assure you.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I have this feeling of something stuck in my throat for 3 years now what if it’s starting to turn into cancer now, also the blood tests I had dont detect cancer?!

Till now your symptoms are suggestive of only globus sensation.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
But can you have that sensation most of the time?

Yes and it can be most of the awake time.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
this feeling in my nose is really starting to affect me, like slight burning, fullness and pressure and can feel the air in my nostrils when I breathe, my top teeth slightly ache too and I feel a bit heady around my eyes
Could this of been caused by too much nicotine when I was vaping more? I’m really worried about it

These may be due to nicotine but not something which you feel like something stuck in the throat.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Have I done permanent damage?
No permanent damage... Usually this changes revert back within 6 weeks to 6 months of stopping smoking or vaping.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Are you 100% sure it’s not permanent damage? I’m freaking out we have stopped vaping now
Glad that you have stopped vaping and in my experienceand experience nobody had any permanent effects.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Did they have these issues? My nose feels pressure along bridge of nose and behind my eyes and my top teeth hurt and the Dr said my nose was inflamed so will this go in time? I’m so scared my nose is damaged and dying off?
There is usually no permanent damage and do not be scared about it.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Usually?
There were a few days where I was chain vaping and then vaping a lot more and because the vape I use it says you absorb more nicotine what if that chain vaping has caused permanent damage now?
In medicine nothing is 100%.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
But from my symptoms what do you think? I’m so scared
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The Dr said my nose was red and inflamed so is what I’m feeling is this?
There is no need to be scared and you are going to be out of this soon as you have already stopped vaping.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My gums and tongue are burning and it’s really worrying me and my gums are red

Can you upload an image.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
They are just red in places but my gums are burning on and off I think more so when I feel really anxious and focusing on it, plus my mouth has been dry and j clench my teeth and from the sinus inflammation, but I’m still really worried

It does not mean that they are going to be permanent.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (ZPT5V3Z)

I do not see any major pathologial changes in the gums.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
There are bony bits showing through

Not related to smoking and that much I can tell you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Please help me what is it?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I’m really scared they are damaged or it’s cancer of my gums? Have looked close up?

Yes and I am not noticing anything suggestive of cancer here.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
What happening then?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Bony white bits ok the side teeth

I am sorry I do not see anything major happening to tell you what it is. I feel it is good there.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
But you can see the bony white bits like the gums are thin

Those white bumps are there as you have stretched the tissue there.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
What do you mean?! How will it get better?!

What I am trying to tell you is that I am not seeing anythign bad to get better here.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
But why are they red and you can see the bone more?
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
What if the gums disappear completely
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That’s why they are burning

That is because you are stretching.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Stretching how?!

With your fingers by pulling the lower lip down.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No they are like that anyway

Then they might be receding gums due to poor oral hygiene - but not oral cancer.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
But is it reversible?

Yes with good oral hygiene.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
What do you suggest?

A dental professional may be able to treat early signs of gum disease by performing a deep cleaning, also called root planing and scaling. This procedure cleans out bacteria from the pockets between the gums and teeth, removing infection and giving the gums the chance to heal.

If there's a progressive, noticeable recession, you're experiencing sensitivity, or you're not happy with the appearance, a dental professional may recommend a gum graft to replace the lost tissue. Gum grafting is a surgical procedure that usually involves taking a small amount of tissue from one area, such as the roof of the mouth, then transferring it to the gum area in need.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Omg that sounds so scary! What do you think looking at mine? Do you know any dentists that could have a look?

I am sorry we cannot refer. it is not scary and it is common problem as age progresses.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
What receding gums? It really scares me if I have gum disease, my teeth were perfect 2 years ago and I guess being a new mum the last couple of years I haven’t been taking care of myself
Is burning gums a sign? I still mostly brush my teeth twice a day but I guess some days I didn’t
This is not a major problem.
Please read this -
https://www.preferreddentalcaresanrafael.com/how-to-treat-and-prevent-receding-gums/
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
But what if it’s something more serious as it doesn’t mention the bony bits like I have?!
There are no bony bits which are appearing there
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
If you look at my pic you can see them esp on the sides

I feel that is gum tissue please.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Is it normal with sinus inflammation to feel fullness in nose, bridge of nose, behind eyes and throat?
please.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
the back of my throat feels bumpy and dry and weird

Bumpiness is common due to lymphoid tissue there and dryness can be tackled by good hydration and this dryness may be due to sinusitis too.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I just feel really nasally, shaky and weird in my head

But that is nothing to do with the upper respiratory issues.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Where I feel stuffy in my nose and pressure in head, plus anxiety and meds

I did not understand what you are tyring to convery.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
This combination of why I feel so heady
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Why I feel so congested and weird head sensations

I am sorry to say me be health related to anxiety too. Or it might be due to stopping nicotine.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Or a combination of upping my anxiety meds, sinuses and anxiety?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
From the picture of my teeth it’s not oral cancer?

I can assure you 100% that it is not oral cancer.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Still have the sinus and nose pressure, and so scared I have seriously damaged myself or it’s sinus cancer or something really bad

No serious damage and as you have stopped vaping now - you will be fine in future.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
How do you know for sure? I have vaped this morning but again stopping today, I was cutting down and now ready to stop
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I have stupidly just put skin fungal ointment up my nose instead of the nasal cream, I have got as much out as I can with a tissue but worried

I know because you are not having any serious oral issues from the image.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
No I meant sinuses
I am also starting to feel quite nauseous with it

The anti fungal ointment would not do any harm. Do not worry.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What about my sinuses, they are really playing up I’m so scared it’s a serious condition as I feel quite sick too, could that be the steroids or anxiety medication? Or omezaprole?
Explain all your symptoms about sinuses one by one and then we will discuss.
By the way in previous conversations you had mentioned about a bonus which was never received.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Okay I will do and of course will tip you on this one
Stuffy nose where I can feel the air in my nose
Pressure on bridge of nose, behind eyes, forehead
Blocked ear feeling
Eyes just feel a bit heavy
Nose is dry and no mucous when I blow
Feel a bit dizzy when I look up and down

What treatment has been done so far?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Steroid nasal spray, steam bowls, nasal rinse, nasal cream

Have you not been treated with antibiotic.

That is ok because as you are not having any fever no antibiotic may not be off much use.

If you are still having symptoms the best way would be to go at with either MRI or CT scan of paranasal sinuses and see for the thickening of the mucosal tissue and based on that other steroids orally or antibiotic therapy.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
when I first had it when it wax really bad and I had a lot of mucous, then it cleared and now I have these symptoms, is that normal after having a sinus infection? Is what I’m experiencing now because of the previous infection?

It is not normal to have symptoms so long and it is better to have an imaging please.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
It’s just the stress of going through that testing and waiting for me will be so hard, I have contacted an ENT to discuss
My symptoms at the moment are quite mild, slight pressure in nose, forehead and behind eyes but it doesn’t seem as bad today, but my nose feels stuffy but quite dry and my ears are still blocked
What did the ENT surgeon tell.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have just contacted them not seen them yet

Okay, as you are still symptomatic I feel you need an imaging as you are not improving.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
My nose is a little better and it always feels better after a shower so I think it’s a dryness thing! But my ears are still blocked, do you think there is a serious issue?

No I do not think so and even while suggesting the above it was not about serious issues but your suffering.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I have really bad heartburn atm from anxiety is that normal and will it affect me long term and cause cancer?
Please pertain your questions to the thread. I am sorry I am bound by website regulations.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Okay I will open another thread

Thank you so much for the bonus!