Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I’m visiting for the us and believe I have an ear infection.

Customer Question

I’m visiting for the us and believe I have an ear infection. Can you help me with what to do? I need antibiotics.
JA: How long have you been dealing with the ear issue? Have you had any colds or flus recently?
Customer: 24 hours, I landed in the Uk yesterday and was up all night with intense pain
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nothing else
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 15 days ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 15 days ago.

Just Answer is an advice service only, we do not prescribe.

You can attend a pharmacy to ask for topical drops which would not require a prescription. This would be for an Otitis Externa. However if you feel unwell with it, you should attend an Urgent Treatment Centre where they can examine you ear and then provide antibiotics if necessary.

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 15 days ago.

https://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/other-services/Urgent%20Care/LocationSearch/1824

Here is a link for Urgent Treatment Centres which are walk in clinics.