Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

Is this a bot or an actual person? Just asking, I have not

Customer Question

Hi, is this a bot or an actual person? Just asking
JA: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Doctor more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I have not seen a doctor yet I have taken some parcetmols I had throat infection But right now my throat is better but I feel as if my chest is getting inflamed and heavy
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Do you have a cough?
Customer: A week
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I would just like to get better asap
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 7 days ago.

What are your age and gender?

Since when are throat infection and inflamed/heavy chest?

Were a Covid and rapid strep test done?

Do you have a fever, shortness of breath, acid reflux/heartburn?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I am a male, 25 years.
I had inflammation in throat, making swallowing very painful. Past week I would say. After home remedies of drinking hot water, gargling with salt water and Turmeric powder, steam inhalation. It is better, but I feel my chest is getting heavy. Scared if it will turn into a chest infection.
COVID test negative.
I did have slight temperature at one point, but now I'm okay. Shortness of breath little was observed. Not now though. No reflux or heartburn though.

Thanks for the further information.

I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in 5 minutes.

Unless you wish to speak in person, you can ignore the request for a phone call automatically generated by the website, not by me.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I would like to call, but I don't have that much money, 34 pounds is alot. Sorry doctor
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Btw, I did take a few paracetamols in between. Just to let you know

Since your throat is better and you have just chest heaviness, this is not likely to be bronchitis or pneumonia. The following measures are likely to help you;

1) Rest

2) Plenty of liquids

3) Vitamin C and Zinc supplement.

4) Probiotics.

5) Lemon water (warm) with honey.

6) Ibuprofen/Paracetamol.

7) Deep breathing exercises.

8) Menthol steam inhalation.

9) Warm mist humidifier in the room.

If your symptoms persist or you develop shortness of breath or cough, you may consider a chest x-ray for the evaluation.

A heating pad on the chest wall would be soothing.

I hope your symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using Just Answer.