Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I’ve had a little spot with a white tip on the border of my

Customer Question

Hi I’ve had a little spot with a white tip on the border of my eyelid for almost a week now, it started to be a bit painful but now it’s not painful at all but hasn’t disappeared
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 15 days ago.

Dear Customer: Greetings, this is Dr. Basu, experienced Medical Specialist.. I am double board-certified with many years of experience. I did review your inquiry and I am hoping to give you
at least some high quality guidance here. Please ignore any call requests as they are automated responses by the website and not sent by the experts! TEXTING would be fine.
Please give me some time to review your concerns. Please be patient with me as I am on and off the computer so responses can be delayed at times, but I will be glad to help.

Please post a pic of the concerned area to provide you with precise diagnosis and treatment plan.

Expert:  Dr Basu replied 15 days ago.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi there here is what the spot looks like
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 15 days ago.

That is a harmless cyst from eye lid gland or meibomian cyst

You can use a baby shampoo and gently massage over the area daily during shower to unclog the gland

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Oh thank you for letting me know, is it supposed to go away at some point?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 15 days ago.

Yes it does over time

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sounds good thank you so much, do you know roughly how long it takes?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 15 days ago.

2 weeks

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Sounds good thank you very much!
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 15 days ago.

welcome