Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I was scratched by kat on right shin. I have pain In leg

Customer Question

Hi I was scratched by kat on right shin. I have pain In leg thar gas radiated to groin abd bottom if back.i have fgoe 2 diabetes and eyes jeep going musty my head torso and legs boiling hot but hands and feet freezing u think u need antubiotuxs
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No it started yesterday with pain and temp and shivers tonight
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: The pain strarts from scratch up knesude if groin into lower vack
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No I managed to drink half pint stopped pain in higher tiraifluids and that stoppo6
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 6 days ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 6 days ago.

I am sorry to hear. Typically you only need antibiotics for a cat bite, this would only apply to a scratch if evidence of infection appears such as spreading redness and pain. Indeed a scratch will go red and be painful, but watch how it goes, if spreading tomorrow then yes I would say antibiotics are required.