Zee J
Zee J,
Experience:  Expert
113630574

Nebuliser saline solution, No, I am struggling to get an

Nebuliser saline solution
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No, I am struggling to get an appointment, I am considering 111 for advice though. I am on a bit of medication, 2 specifically for asthma. But nothing prescribed for nebuliser use although I have been ordering it through amazon which has been helping. But I ran out. I don't know if I can get prescription for now or if I can make a homemade version somehow
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello and thanks for your question. I’d be pleased to assist you. Kindly answer following questions for further advice:

Age? Male or female?

Past medical history?

Any medicines using?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
25. Female. Pmh: asthma, eupd, adhd, depression and anxiety.. history of chest infections with prednisone and abx usually prescribed for. currently prescribed salbutamol and fostair inhalors, concerta xl 36mg, duloxetine 60mg (just started as a replacement of fluvoxamine), fexofenadine 180mg, omeprazole 40mg bd and quetiapine 50mg in morning, 100mg lunch, 50mg tea, 350mg bedtime
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I also have used Isotonic 0.9% Sodium Chloride - NaCl Inhalation Saline Solution bought online which helped to alleviate symptoms but has ran out now

Please stay with me

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am asking because I have a horrendous cough which has been making me vomit. I've been using otc cough syrup as well as drinking honey and warm water which helps through the day but not for me to get a good night sleep. It is also not covid-19 as I have had tests for this and all negative

Sorry I am here now

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

Okay

So you can make saline solution at home

Customer: replied 18 days ago.

Is this just by boiling tap water and adding a small amount of salt or do I not need to boil tap water?

1. Boil 2 cups of water covered for 15 minutes.

2. Allow to cool to room temperature.

3. Add 1 teaspoon of salt.

4. Stir until dissolved.

5. Refrigerate in airtight container for up to 24 hours. (After that, it should be discarded.)

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
This can be tap water and normal table salt yes?

Yes tap water boil it

2 teaspoons (tsp) of non-iodized salt

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
How do I know if it is non-iodized?

Usually it is mentioned on the bottle

You can take help from the store worker like tesco, sansburys

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
OK thankyou

You are welcome

Please do let me know if you have any further questions in future I would be happy to answer

Best of luck