Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, and pain.
18722459

H

Customer Question

H
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 10 days ago.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
What's your question please?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
nineteen year old I have done around 26 ecgs, an echo been seen by a cardiologist about twenty blood tests heart related ones and my heart is perfect and healthy I’m scared as I last had a echo 9 months ago what if my hearts changed since then I have no family history of heart disease.
, I read articles and hear things about heart attacks and it scares me I constantly have lleft arm pain, chest pain it never stops, I have left sided chest pain right now o, I’ve had the chest pain for 2 years I think I’m so sad, all the doctors said there is almosy 0% chance and i need to forget about it, it got to much today and i went hospital, i had a normal ecg and normal heart blood tests doctors also listener to mu heart and everything was normal no chamges im bloods or ecg from 4 months ago, i have been seen by around 20 different doctors and they have all said the same thing, but its so difficult when you have the symptoms but you have to try ignore because you know its nothing , ive stopped smoking and i drink once a week i try and stay fit but it scares me when my heart starts to race, i never used to be like this and i dont know what to do. I take 50mg of sertraline but have read this can cause heart attacks to. I ended up in a and e today and had ecg 3 times got heart listened to by 2 doctors troponin tests everything was normal and I have had no change in 3 years
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 10 days ago.

Your heart is fine and your problem is this obsessive compulsive health anxiety neurosis

If I were your doctor I'd get you into cognitive behavioral therapy sessions with a clinical psychologist