Dr. Arun Phophalia
Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS MS. Post doctoral fellowship in Sports Medicine. General surgeon and sports medicine specialist
5625079

I’ve had a slight pain in one of my testicals, I’ve had the

Customer Question

Hi I’ve had a slight pain in one of my testicals
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I’ve had the pain for over two weeks now and when I’m moving around it’s not noticeable but when I sit down it starts to hurt
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no that is all thanks
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 16 days ago.

What is your age?

What are the investigations done?

Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 15 days ago.

I am writing you an initial answer. Once you are online, we may discuss it further

Chronic testes pain is usually related to noninflammatory conditions but chronic infections also should be considered. Because the testes arise embryologically in close proximity to the kidneys, pain arising in the kidneys or retroperitoneum may also be referred to the testes. So an abdominal ultrasound, intravenous pyelography, and a CT scan of the abdomen also should be done to evaluate testicular pain.

A urine and sperm culture for pyogenic organisms and mycobacterium should be done. This should be able to point towards the chronic infection and give the guidelines for further management.

Following other causes to be considered for the pain are;

1) Recurrent torsion

2) Torsion or inflammation of the appendix of the testes

3) Infectious epididymitis

4) Noninfectious epididymitis; occur due to reflux of urine through the ejaculatory ducts and vas into the epididymis, producing a "chemical" inflammation

5) Referred pain - the genitofemoral, ilioinguinal, or posterior scrotal nerves CAN CAUSE REFERRED PAIN. Other causes of referred pain are abdominal aortic aneurysm, ureteric stone, lower lumbar or sacral nerve root impingement, retrocecal appendicitis, retroperitoneal tumor, and postherniorrhaphy pain.

I wish your symptoms resolve soon.

I would be happy to assist you further if you need any more information.
Thanks for using JustAnswer.