Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

My husband has excruciating pain on micturition and has

Customer Question

My husband has excruciating pain on micturition and has spent most of night on the toilet. He wears pads 24/7 but I can’t keep him dry. He’s passing urine even when I try and put his pad on. His penis looks swollen. I’ve been giving him cocodamol 30/500, fluids and really don’t know what else to do. He’s crying out in pain all the time.
JA: How long has your husband been using Co-codamol? Has it helped at all?
Customer: He started this yesterday morning and I’ve been giving him co-codamol 4 hourly which doesn’t seem to help.
JA: Got it. Has he seen a doctor about the pain?
Customer: No he hasn’t as it started yesterday morning but has been on three lots of antibiotics in the last 3 months for ? UTI, the last ones prescribed at least a month ago.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in his medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: He is blind and has early dementia but hasn’t cried out like this before
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 10 days ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 10 days ago.

I am sorry to hear this. Pain and swelling is most likely from an infection. It may be more beneficial for him to be on prophylactic antibiotics all the time to avoid this recurrence.

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 10 days ago.

It may be worth getting him seen by a local urologist as well. If he is having issues with his urinary flow resulting in recurrent infections, then there are other medications that can help improve this

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I tested his urine and he has high levels of leukocytes but no protein or blood
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 9 days ago.

This still suggests an infection is likely

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’m absolutely disgusted with your so called help and trying to take £38 from my account when you said £5. Luckily the fraud squad were on to you
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 9 days ago.

I believe the £38 was trying to be charged as it appears you were requesting a phone call. Messaging is only £5.

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 9 days ago.

This is a private advice and guidance service, you can request your money back if you contact Just Answer directly via the main website.

I can only view your responses and cannot charge you directly.