Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I have AXA health insurance. Am in southern Ireland awaiting

Customer Question

I have AXA health insurance. Am in southern Ireland awaiting an appointment for an MRI scan. Am now feeling much better following a fall but GP here in Ireland still wants me to have the scan to look for the cause of fall. I lost use of my arms hands etc for a few weeks. My question. Can I transfer to UK and get MRI scan when home.
JA: Have you discussed the MRI scan with a doctor?
Customer: Yes
JA: Got it. Have you used any medication for this?
Customer: no medication only pain relief
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Have had two falls in past resulting in a broken wrist each time
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 6 days ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

Expert:  Dr Baker replied 6 days ago.

If your insurance covers for a UK hospital then yes, alternatively you can register with a Gp and they can refer you