Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Respected doctors and specialist my mother is liver

Customer Question

Hi respected doctors and specialist my mother is liver cirrhosis patient n we found that nearly 3 years ago and she is on treatment of high rated doctor in Pakistan so my real question is below pic of prescription which she taking tabs since her first visit and remained same till up last visit he changed only one tab evion to (core, osnate) what diet she should have to like in food and exercise in winters its hard because she always feels slow blood running which cause her whole body pain and due to she gets belly swollen sometimes she don’t eat much n on strict diet of not having salty or oily food at all since found.so whats the best excercise for her to get weight low bcz her doctor always complain about weight should come down to 60kg when she’s about 70-73kg
and in food or specialy nuts please which are best for her liver condition and also her reports are in same condition from 2 years as per doctors reports they saying liver is in same condition black in vsmall size which is not getting better or worse we are worried what to do and where to go
Thank you so much everyones
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 9 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer.

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 9 days ago.

I reviewed your question and I’m sorry about your mother.   This is a long narrative and I do not know what your actual question is.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi Dr K thank you soo much for your response and please ask anything i would love to tell you about her condition
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 9 days ago.

Diet and weight loss is the key.    You have already told me everything.   I need to know WHAT ARE YOUR QUESTIONS.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Question is what is the diet and what is the best key to get weight loss this is the problem to know because when we ask from experts all they answer back you can eat anything
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 9 days ago.

What caused the end stage liver disease?

A low fat diet is indicated for end stage liver disease.   Weight loss just depends on eating fewer calories and eating less.   Does she drink milk, juice, or soda?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hepatitis C caused her on end stage
and milk sometimes with fat and no other drinks at all
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Sorry i mean she takes milk sometimes with no fat
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 9 days ago.

She should cut all dairy products out completely.   No red meat and no lunch meat/hotdogs/sausage.   Following a vegan, vegetarian, or Mediterranean diet would help the most.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok any other advice you could give please i mean exercise
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 9 days ago.

Exercise helps with weight loss but does not do anything at all for liver disease .

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
any preference in fruits for liver
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 9 days ago.

Not sure what you are asking here.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
In her age of 53 is there any chance of liver recovery with the stage cirrhosis and liver on end
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 9 days ago.

Its hard to comment on that as I really have no way of knowing how ill she is.   If you have been told that she has end stage cirrhosis, then there is no chance of complete recovery.   I’m sorry.   Does this help to answer your question? Please let me know if there is anything you do not understand and if you have any feedback for me.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you so much for your helpful information thanks
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 8 days ago.

Hello, just checking in to see if you have further questions or concerns. I am here to help. Thank you for using Just Answer.