Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

Will this heal on its own or does it require medical

Hi, will this heal on its own or does it require medical attention? The first photo is right after it happened, the second photo is from just now (an hour and a half after it happened). It hurt a lot at first, but I took some paracetamol and it hardly hurts at all now.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

That does indeed look sore. Yes it will heal on its own. Once the pain reduces you could trim the nail to avoid constant trauma to it being pushed up, but this will heal underneath and the nail will grow out

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Great, thanks for your answer! The nail was initially pushed up but it somehow went back into place naturally and looks normal now (other than the blood underneath it).

That is my pleasure, just try and avoid stubbing it for a while

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Yeah, I’ll certainly be more careful with it!

All the best