Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I think I may have contacted Lyme's disease. For about the

Good Morning, my name is***** and I think I may have contacted Lyme's disease. For about the last week I have experienced muscle aching in my legs, lower back and neck. I also have extreme headaches. For the last two days I have no appetite and seem to be getting worse. I have been walking in forested areas recently and noticed a few weeks back a black spot near my ankle which looks a bit like a tick. I am registered with the NHS Hounslow practice, but am currently in Bournemouth for a month. They suggested me taking this route for help
JA: What are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about the disease?
Customer: No I haven't talked to a doctor as I am not near Hounslow Family. practice, I am in Bournemouth. My symptoms are headaches, muscle aches in legs lower back and neck, and no appetite
JA: Got it. What did you discuss at your last visit to the doctor?
Customer: Nothing. This is a new condition and I am trying to see a doctor if possible
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I had covid about 5 months ago and have since been double vaccinated

Hello, my name is***** I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

I am reviewing your question and will be back with my response shortly. Please bear with me if you have to wait a few minutes as I may be busy with references for your question or sometimes with other customers.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
How long will it take before I can expect an answer

This is not likely to be Lyme's.

In Lyme,s, after the bite you would have had a rash in that area, the typical sign is what is called a Bulls eye rash.

Without the rash, Lyme's is very unlikely.

Still you should get this checked up.

You are likely to be having a viral infection only. Viral infections can cause these symptoms.

You should go to the nearest hospital, to the ANE. They will be able to provide tests and treatment for you.

Till you get this checked up, take the following treatment:
Rest.
Plenty of fluids including Gatorade and fruit juice, this is most important.
Tylenol 500 mg twice or thrice daily for headache and bodyache.
Bland diet, small frequent meals.
Logenges: such Vicks cough logenges or any hard sweets constantly, this will cause a constant flow of saliva and give you relief.
Another important home treatment is Menthol steam inhalation - add Menthol salts (available OTC) to a bowl of steaming water and inhale the steam two - three times daily - this will relieve congestion.
However, if the body ache persists for more than 5 days, or you develop a temperature more than 102 degrees F (38.9 degrees C), or you have any other symptoms like severe throat pain or abdominal pain, you will need to see a doctor - these are the signs for which a doctor's checkup is recommended. So measure your temperature daily and follow these steps for now.
Take care - this sounds like a mild viral infection - try general home treatment now - but do go to the doctor if it gets severe or persists more than 5 days.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome.. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.

Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti