How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Baker Your Own Question
Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 4924
Experience:  MD
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Baker is online now

I think I may have an ear infection, I have been in pain for

This answer was rated:

I think I may have an ear infection, I have been in pain for 4 days now. Will I need to contact my GP?
JA: Are you experiencing any dizziness? Do you have a fever?
Customer: I am experiencing slight dizziness and also a sore throat
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have also experienced pain in and around the ear

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Will I need antibiotics?

You have a few options, one is a pharmacy as some antibiotic drops are available over the counter, you could attend an urgent treatment centre where they would be able to examine you and prescribe if required, and finally your Gp may be able to do this over the phone but may want to see you

Dr Baker and 9 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you