Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I have a chest infection, Over the past week...I do have

Customer Question

I have a chest infection
JA: How long have you been dealing with the issue? In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Over the past week...I do have some health issues too..
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I take Levothyrozine and amlodipine
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 8 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

I am reviewing your question and will be back with my response shortly. Please bear with me if you have to wait a few minutes as I may be busy with references for your question or sometimes with other customers.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

How long have you been having these symptoms?

Have you seen a doctor for this? Any tests done?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

You can try some of these measures:
OTC antitussives: Brand names - Triaminic Cold & Cough, Robitussin Maximum Strength, Vicks 44 Cough Relief take two tsf three times daily.
OTC antiallergics: Benadryl Allergy, Nytol.

Humidifier: use a humidifier in your room at night, this helps in cough.
Menthol steam inhalation : this is also very useful, take some staming hot water in a bowl, add Mentho salts available OTC and inhale the steam.
Logenges: such Vicks cough logenges or any hard sweets constantly, this will cause a constant flow of saliva and give you relief.

Since you have already been having this cough for 2 weeks, you can try this for another 5-7 days, but if it is still not relieved you need to see the doctor.
Also if your cough increases, if your pain in the chest increases you have to approach your doctor for an investigation and prescription drugs.

Some of the conditions which can cause severe and prolonged cough are: Lung infections, lung conditions like bronchitis, nasabronchial allergy, acid reflux, chronic sinusitis, tonsillitis/pharyngitis. Discuss about these with the doctor and ask if tests are required to rule them out. This will enable a proper diagnosis and treatment.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome.. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.

Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.

Dr. P. JyotiOffer Premium Service

Dr. P. Jyoti