How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. P. Jyoti Your Own Question
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 16133
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. P. Jyoti is online now

I have COPD and take sal flu sal ihaler and Ventolin

Customer Question

I have COPD and take sal flu sal ihaler and Ventolin inhaler. Since a fall last October and another in bedroom two weeks ago ,I have been feeling quite illl.Comunity nurse came and prescribed antibiotics and steroids. but I am gasping for breath just moving slightly! Tried to contact doctor but Nye on impossible!!
JA: How long have you been using the antibiotics? Has it helped at all?
Customer: Sent message it no response!
JA: Got it. Have you used anything besides the antibiotics for this?
Customer: Yes prescribed and all taken.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Just walking around bungalow to toilet etc;and I am gasping.
Submitted: 6 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 6 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

How long have you been having these symptoms?

Have you seen a doctor for this? Any tests done?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 6 days ago.

This is something for which you need to go to the hospital.

You could be having some serious issues like an acute asthma attack, called status asthmaticus.

You should not try to treat this by yourself. Call 999 and ask for an ambulance. You should take this as an emergency.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Not bad but not really any help
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 6 days ago.

If you like, I can advise you on some home treatment that you can do initially for this.

Fluids: drink plenty of water.
Humidifier: use a humidifier in your room since drying of the sinuses can cause this.Menthol steam inhalation - add Menthol salts (available OTC) to a bowl of steaming water and inhale the steam two - three times daily - this will relieve the congestion.
Warm compresses: warm compresses on the sinus areas will give relief.
Vit. C supplement: 1000 mg Vit. C supplements daily (available OTC).
N- Acetyl Cysteine: this is a supplement available at natural food stores which helps drainage.

These steps will help, but if the symptoms persist you should consult your GP for this. You should consult your GP for this and discuss about this.