Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I’m having chest pains they seem worse today. I did see my

Hi there I’m having chest pains they seem worse today . I did see my GP on Friday
JA: Have you ever dealt with this before? Are you having any shortness of breath?
Customer: no I haven’t no shortness of breath . Just very tight
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have had Brest cancer

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age and gender?

How long have you been having these symptoms?

Have you seen a doctor for this? Any tests done?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I’m 55 female they started last Monday . I saw my GP on Thursday I’m seeing her again on the 2nd
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I’m also getting some numbness in my left hand
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
She checked my chest etc said all was ok

Dont worry, since you have already seen a doctor, there is no real cause to worry.

You can try some of these measures till you get to the doctor again.

OTC antitussives: Brand names - Triaminic Cold & Cough, Robitussin Maximum Strength, Vicks 44 Cough Relief take two tsf three times daily.
OTC antiallergics: Benadryl Allergy, Nytol.

Humidifier: use a humidifier in your room at night, this helps in cough.
Menthol steam inhalation : this is also very useful, take some staming hot water in a bowl, add Mentho salts available OTC and inhale the steam.
Logenges: such Vicks cough logenges or any hard sweets constantly, this will cause a constant flow of saliva and give you relief.

Fluids: drink plenty of water.
Humidifier: use a humidifier in your room since drying of the sinuses can cause this.
Warm compresses: warm compresses on the chest areas will give relief.
Vit. C supplement: 1000 mg Vit. C supplements daily (available OTC).
N- Acetyl Cysteine: this is a supplement available at natural food stores which helps drainage.

These steps will hep you dont worry.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
You don’t think I should go to A & E

Since you have seen your GP on Friday and she said it was clear, this does not seem necessary.

However if you find that your symptoms are quite severe, then you would do well to go to the ANE.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.