How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. P. Jyoti Your Own Question
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 16186
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. P. Jyoti is online now

S******from bristol .i have Damage thooth and have pain

Customer Question name is s**** s******from bristol .i have Damage thooth and have pain pleas can you hell me? JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse? Customer: 3.4 days since my thooth broken JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you. Customer: I have thoothach due to broken my thooth since 3.4 days

Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 10 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

I am reviewing your question and will be back with my response shortly. Please bear with me if you have to wait a few minutes as I may be busy with references for your question or sometimes with other customers.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thanks i cant wait for u.
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 10 days ago.

This is something for which you should call 111. Ask for the dentist.

The dentist online will ask a few questions and give you a referral to the nearest Dental hospital or any other hospital with a dentist on call.

It is only in this way that you will be able to get an emergency dentist appointment.

Meanwhile try these steps till you get to the dentist:

Take Tab. Motrin/Advil 400 mg twice daily for the pain, available over the counter

It is important to avoid biting the tissue. Take soft foods which require minimum of chewing

Do not touch the area, it will only cause more inflammation.

Rinse your mouth with warm saline water three-four times daily, this is very important to control inflammation. Water should be warm, not hot, and not too salty.

Apply Chlorhexidine ointment to the area after the rinse, many brands are available

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.
If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome.. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.
Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!
Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I also call 111 thay are unable to receved my call .i cant through via call thats way i need your help to make an appointment with dentist.i took ibrofen /paracetamol .
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
English isnot my first language can you arrangment for me whair i can go to take treatment ?pleas
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 10 days ago.

In that case you have to go directly to the nearest NHS hospital. An emergency dentist will be there, you will be able to consult him.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I was need to an appointment with Dantist thats way i contact to u .but i have same situvation how i can give u 5 satars.
Expert:  Dr. P. Jyoti replied 9 days ago.

Thats all right