Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, and pain.
18722459

Dr. I've had this bruise on my shin for a couple of months.

Hi, Dr. I've had this bruise on my shin for a couple of months. I did bang my leg originally if I remember correctly. The bruise hasn't healed properly, yet. Is it totally normal for a bruise on shin to take months to heal? It's not sore at all. Or did I cause a skin pigmentation?

Hi there

That's just hyperpigmentation left behind after the bruise

It's completely benign

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
This is really good to know Dr. So if it stays like this then it's totally normal? If it doesn't heal properly?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Or doesn't ever go away.?

There's nothing to heal there and it will go away in time

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
That's good Dr. When I bruised it a few months ago, the centre had a bump after the impact. Thank you so much Dr. I can forget about it now. God bless.

You're welcome