Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

Rash on my penis, Yes, No

Rash on my penis
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this?
Customer: Yes
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. Could you tell me a little about what you'd like to discuss? Thanks

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Greetings.About a little over a week ago i developed red shiny spots on the head of my penis.Sometimes it looks as if the skin is peeling in those spots.Doesn't itch or hurt or anything else weird.

I see, thanks for that info. Are you able to attach a picture of the rash?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Give me a few minues please
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (L5MPG1P)

Thank you for that it's very helpful, I suspect you have Balanitis which is inflammation of the tissues you've shown and usually due to a fungal infection (not STD). You should go to the pharmacy and buy some clotrimazole cream (no prescription needed, it's also called Canesten) and apply that twice a day for a week and it should clear up no problem.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Actually i was reading about it myself and kinda thought it could be that.I did get sone creams,could i take pictures of those to show you?

ok sure

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I assume i should not have sex until it clears?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (3SGV36M)
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have been using this for day and a half

That's the one, use that for a week or so and it'll clear up. Sometimes it takes nearly 2 weeks. You can have sex but it's best if you use a condom.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Also have this in the picture below
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
File attached (4372V26)

Yes they're the same so use one of them for 1-2 weeks and it'll be fine. I hope that helps and you feel better soon, all the very best.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Okay,thank you so much.

You're so welcome! Glad I could help. Come back if you've other questions in the future and all the very best.