Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

I'd like some info regarding health please, no, not really

I'd like some info regarding sexual health please
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: no
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: not really

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. Could you tell me a little about what you'd like to discuss? Thanks

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Hi are you there now? Could we chat?

Hi sure, yes please give me some information on what you'd like to discuss thanks

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I'd prefer the chat. Can't really talk on the phone now

Sure the site offers calls automatically you can go ahead and type

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
OK. I had an encounter tonight with a sex worker. I used a condom so no worries about that at all. However, for a little bit, I had my mouth sucking on her nipples. I'm now going extremelly paranoid that I could catch an STD because of that. Any ideas?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I mean, catching an STD because of contact between my mouth and her breasts

I get you. No you don't need to worry, unless they were actually bleeding from the nipples you wouldn't be at any risk of catching anything.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Well to be honest I don't remember seeing anything weird or any scratches or blood etc. Now if we're talking about micro scratches I can't know that. I don't remember anything like that though

The way to look at it this. They would have to have an STD which we don't know is the case. They would have to be bleeding, not a scratch I mean red blood and you would have to have a sore in your mouth that was also bleeding for any transmission to happen so really, I wouldn't be concerned in the slightest.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
OK, can I ask a quick last question? It's relevant to this

Of course, please go ahead

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
OK. The encounter took place tonight. During the day though, I bit my lip ( from the inside) by accident 2-3 times and it was sore. I can't remember tasting any blood so I guess it wasn't bleeding. This is why I going paranoid, in case the sore spot on the inside of my lip ( from the biting) got in contact with anything that it shouldn't. Couple of hours later, when I got home, I checked the inside of my lower lip to make sure and I didn't see it bleeding or anything. Unless it healed by the time I got back and checked it? Not sure. This is the reason I'm super paranoid. I've read things online too which made me even more paranoid. What do you think about this doctor?
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Still there?

Hi sorry I had to restart my system, no it's again not a concern because you would need to be actively bleeding and also they would need to be visibly bleeding from the nipple too. You'll be ok.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
OK you have cheered me up. Thank you

Aww I'm so glad, that means a lot. Glad I could help. Come back anytime with questions. All the best again.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
one last thing. How long after the encounter do I check myself up with a test? Assuming I got something, would it take some time until it shows in a test? If i had something and do a test next week for example, would it show?

Sure, 7 days is what we usually say is the ideal/most accurate time.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
OK doctor. Thank you very much, you've helped me a lot and brought some sanity in my head. From my side, the only nice thing I can do in return is to rate you on top of the page. I found your handling of the conversation excellent.

That's very kind of you to say. You have a wonderful evening. All the best.