Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

I am recovering from a knee replacement and have had an

Customer Question

I am recovering from a knee replacement and have had an infection treated with antibiotics. I’m still Getting hot sweats and suffering from pain and lack of sleep. I have no appetite and lost 5kg in two weeks. I feel exhausted. Can you recommend some homeopathic remedies to aid my recovery?
Expert:  Shahid Karim replied 8 days ago.

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. Could you tell me a little more about what you'd like to discuss? Thanks

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I would like some help
With my post survival recovery and wanted to see if homeopathy could help?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Surgical recovery

I see, thanks. Is that in terms of pain relief?

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
but also my extreme fatigue, sweats and general malaise which I assume is post surgery symptoms. I also have no appetite and have had antibiotics whi h I think have upset my system.

Understood, well certainly this is quite common following antibiotics and I would start by saying taking a regular probiotic supplement alongside regular live yoghurt is known to be very helpful indeed.

Otherwise Arnica and Belladonna based supplements are definitely known for pain relief qualities

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Is it reasonable to have lost weight and feel so unwell?

You do need blood tests to see if there is ongoing infection and remember this is nearly every cell of your body burning energy to fight such a recovery through surgery and then an infection too so you have to understand that this takes a massive toll on the body, it takes time above anything else.