Shahid Karim
Shahid Karim, Board Certified MD
Experience:  MBChB
111381268

Persistent cough

Persistent cough

Hi, thanks for getting in touch. Could you tell me a little about what you'd like to discuss? Thanks

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I need to know how her cough can be stopped. She is completely restless

Give her a few extra puffs of her inhaler if she hasn't had extra

Get her to the GP in the morning and ask for steroids and if she gets worse or really struggles before then she'll need to go to A&E

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Can you prescribe some oral steroids

I'm awfully sorry we aren't able to prescribe at all on this service, it's for advice only. You could try the GP or going to a walk in centre, failing that you could try pushdoctor.co.uk which can send a prescription to your pharmacy of choice after a brief consultation. I hope that helps and that she feels better soon, all the very best.