Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

Is it safe for someone who suffered from a hemorrhagic

is it safe for someone who suffered from a hemorrhagic stroke? and is there any solid evidence about cannabis constumption
JA: What are all your symptoms? Have you talked to a doctor about the stroke?
Customer: yes i have but because there is not enough research into it since cannabis is not legalised so they don't know how to advise me further so i'm doing my own research trying to contact other doctors that specialise this
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about the stroke?
Customer: yes im in hospital right now doing my physical recovery
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: i suffer with asthma and anxiety. i normally used cannabis for the anxiety and for menstral cramps because they can be super painful, ive tried other pain killers to help but it's either does not have any effect or i have bad side effects

Thank you for contacting Just Answer

Please can you clarify your question, “: is it safe for someone who suffered from a hemorrhagic stroke? and is there any solid evidence about cannabis constumption”

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
is it safe to smoke or intake cannabis after suffering from a hemorrhagic stroke?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
this is my first time doing this so im not sure if it's worth my time and money
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i would call but £34 seems a lot
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
what if i don'y get the answers i need anf looking for? am i able to make a refund?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
hello? please i need the help

Not a problem, the phone call is automated but not required

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
what if i do not get the answers i need ? will there be a refund?

There is no known link with smoking cannabis and stroke risk. The studies with cigarette smoke and stroke show there is a large increased risk, mainly due to long term vascular risk but also from causing a rise to your blood pressure. Although cannabis is not a stimulant like nicotine, smoke inhaled can increase your blood pressure, therefore theoretically there would be an increased risk with stroke

So the risk is likely deemed as low. However by having one stroke your risk is already raised.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
sorry it was my dad's mother's father who suffered from a stroke because he was over weight
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i also forgot to mention, when i was having a stroke with low blood pressure. and does the implant cause strokes?

Contraceptive implant?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

It is indeed possible that could increase your risk of stroke if they are ischaemic, but I do not believe they have been shown to increase the risk of a haemorrhagic stroke.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Oh okay, thank you

That is my pleasure.