Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

How long will it take for my bones to improve after stopping

Customer Question

How long will it take for my bones to improve after stopping steriods
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dr. Sohaib replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for the question.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Board Certified Internal Medicine Consultant with over 15 years of experience and I will do my best to help you today.
Let me review your question for a minute and I will get back to you.

That will depend upon how severely the bones were affected, which itself depends upon the duration and amount of steroids you have used.

Also, it will depend upon how meticulously the osteoporosis is treated to restore the bones strength back to normal.

In general, keeping your self active; weight bearing, avoiding smoking; taking vitamin d/calcium and other treatments given to you for osteoporosis; the bones should start getting better in 3 to 6 months, AND may normalize at 1 year.

Good luck and my sincere wishes for your good health.

Please do not forget to Give Rating to my service as this is the best way I get credit for my time and expertise on your question.
If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.
Kindest Regards.