Zee J
Zee J,
Experience:  Expert
113630574

It's a mental health question is that okay? I havent as I

It's a mental health question is that okay?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I havent as I can't get speaking to my doctor and no medications
JA: What medications do you take daily? Are you allergic to any medications?
Customer: I don't take medications daily and no im not
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Hello and thanks for your question. I’d be pleased to assist you. Kindly answer following questions for further advice:

Age? Male or female?

Past medical history?

Any medicines using?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
29 female what kind of medical history?? No medicines

Any medical history like asthma or blood pressure etc?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Nothing like that... this is more a question about mental health just

Ok please ask the question

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I was told by someone recently that I am a narcisisst and I've really be panicking at the thought of it because I didn't know what it meant and started googling what it was and have now went into a spiral of negative thoughts and overthinking every scenario. The main thing I wanted to ask as a work colleague mentioned it today can an anxiety attack mean that your body is telling you that what you are thinking about yourself isn't true
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Or am I having the anxiety attack because I am in fact a narcisisst

A person with a personality disorder thinks, feels, behaves or relates to others very differently from the average person.

There are several different types of personality disorder

It is human nature to be aware of our own needs, to express them, and to want others to be aware of our abilities and achievements. These are not bad traits. However, if these thoughts, feelings and behaviours are very extreme and cause problems in relating to others, you may get a diagnosis of narcissistic personality disorder.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I understand and I spoke with a therapist today who said that I am not a narcisisst but there's something within me who thinks it's still not true that I could be one

Is it possible for you to explain why do you think you might have Narcissism?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
When she said that I was a narcissist I hyperfixated on it and started googling it and haven't really stopped googling the symptoms of it and I believe I can be very much all about me and Its not very common I will take responsibility for anything
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
She said it on Friday evening and since then I've been feeling very sick about it overthinking and feeling like a horrible person for ever having made anyone feel like I've caused their mental health any further harm

To be honest looks like you do not have Narcissism but you have generalized anxiety disorder

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
What does that mean??

Anxiety is a feeling of unease, such as worry or fear, that can be mild or severe.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
This was kind of my main question based on a conversation I'd had today with someone if its anxiety and I'm panicking about the possibility of being a narcisisst can me having the anxiety attack be a way of my body saying that it's not true??

Yes It could be true

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Because each time I read anything about being a narcisisst I kept feeling sick and have taken quite a few panic attacks since

Everyone has feelings of anxiety at some point in their life. For example, you may feel worried and anxious about sitting an exam, or having a medical test or job interview. During times like these, feeling anxious can be perfectly normal.

But some people find it hard to control their worries. Their feelings of anxiety are more constant and can often affect their daily lives. Anxiety is the main symptom of several conditions, including panic disorder

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Okay I just don't know what way it up or down at the moment I'm overthinking every conversation I have had with any person in my life and whether or not I've manipulated them and it makes me feel sick that I would ever have done that whether it was intentional or unintentional

I would suggest stop thinking about your actions as everyone in life have some level of anxiety and narcisssism

I would suggest to have an assessment with Psychiatrist also to get further opinion and if needed might suggest you some help in terms of medicines to relieve anxiety and panics

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Yea as I said I had a call with a therapist today and have an appointment booked with then for 7th December because if I am a narcisisst I want to get help to try and manage the way I treat people and if it's something different I want the help to manage that as well... thank you so much for having a chat with me this evening it's really helped

You are welcome. Hope for the best.

Please do let me know if you have any further questions in future I would be happy to answer

Best of luck