Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

I have for 2 weeks now, cold and dry cough attacks and it

Hi, I have for 2 weeks now, cold and dry cough attacks and it doesn't go away. I did covid tests, it was negative
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: 2 weeks but for the last 2 days the cough is more sometimes it comes as an attach and its irritating, it doesn't want to stop no fever, only one day 37
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no, thats it

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Can I please ask your age and if you have any medical conditions or take medications?

Do you have any chest or other pains, breathing difficulties, vomiting, bleeding or other symptoms?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
hi Dr Geyik
I am 41
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
A bit of of breathing difficulties but not really, no chest pain but I feel it

Do you have asthma or other lung diseases?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
no asthma, no lung diseases as I know

This could still be a viral cold and unfortunately, the cough can sometimes linger for up 3 weeks. If you feel fine otherwise, you could monitor it a bit longer and try various remedies such as warm drinks with lemon/honey/ginger and steaming. You can also try over the counter cough medicines but they do not work for everybody.

However, if you don't feel right or well in yourself, you can contact 111 and they can prescribe a course of antibiotics. It is always better to avoid antibiotics if possible as they do not do much for viral illnesses.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thank you

You are welcome. Hope you feel better very soon.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thank you