How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. P. Jyoti Your Own Question
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 16719
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. P. Jyoti is online now

I find in past jobs and my current job that I’m generally

This answer was rated:

Hi I find in past jobs and my current job that I’m generally usually the slowest worker when it comes to a lot of tasks. This causes me anxiety because it makes me feel somewhat inadequate. I am also poor at small talk, don’t always know how to respond in social situations. I have certain strengths though, I think I have good attention to detail and am a deep thinker.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I went to get a psychiatric assessment. The assessor suspects I could be autistic but said that I need further tests.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I take no medications

This is Dr. David. I am glad you went for psychiatric assessment.  If you have anxiety symptoms, you should talk to your GP doctor about treatment for your anxiety symptoms which could help.  Medications like hydroxyzine could help you decrease your anxiety symptoms.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Okay but I feel my anxiety is a symptom of the neurological issues I deal with such as being the slowest at certain tasks at work, communication difficulties. I have had therapy in the past for anxiety that was ineffective and have read overtime on issues such as slow processing and autism and feel that these problems are my main problems and anxiety is like a by product of them being untreated and undiagnosed. I asked my nhs gp for an autism assessment and have waited over three years with no signs of an assessment.

You can try a high protein and high vegetable diet to help your autism.  There is some suggestion that a ketogenic diet can help with autism symptoms possibly.

You should approach a psychiatrist for this.

Since some signs of autism were found, and you were recommended further tests you should go through these tests.

Many behavioral therapies like CBT are available which will help you correct this and gain control over your life.

Hope I have been able to clarify the situation for you and helped in resolving your query.

If you are happy with my service, your 5-star rating at this time is most welcome. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.

Thank you and I wish you the best of health - stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thanks for your response. I went to a private psychiatrist to which I paid almost £400 but was told I still needed further tests such as an IQ test to get an official autism diagnosis or another neurological disorder.
I have waited over three years with the nhs after requesting an assessment so what would you say is the best advice to getting access to a good psychiatrist to assess and diagnose new?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Diagnose me*

Other than waiting for the NHS appointment, your best resource would be to go for the further tests as advised by your private psychiatrist.

Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 16719
Experience: 17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
Dr. P. Jyoti and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok thanks