Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I’m an international student. Now, l’m very lost and feel

Hi, i’m an international student. Now, l’m very lost and feel like a loser. I often ran away the reality.. i have to do many things and assignment butI get stuck, no focus, no motivation. Very stressed
JA: How long have you had stress? Have you used any medication for it?
Customer: about two weeks, i missed the deadline no i didnt take medicine
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about stress?
Customer: no never
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: this is my first time try to consult with someone.
Hi. I’m Dr. Mark. I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist you. I need some additional.
Where are you from?
Age and gender?
You are a student in the UK?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thailand, 25 female. Yes a master student
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
This is my first time studying aboard, and uk university is very intense
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I prefer chatting thank you
You are going through a difficult time. I understand that. A different culture and in a strange country. You need to see a psychologist or a psychiatrist. This takes time to sort things out. Clearly you are very anxious and somewhat depressed. Overwhelmed by the new changes. I don’t know if you have underlying anxiety and depression or if this is all from the new challenges you are facing. There are private psychologists and psychiatrists in the UK .
Disregard a phone call request.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Actually, studying in the uk has always been my dream. I have worked hard to have this chance. But master level is so overwhelming, everything went so fast. My time management is very bad. And when I get stressed, it seems like i will find sth fun or enjoyment, like watching series, reading cartoons etc. to pretend that i’m ok.. i think so
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I used to have stressed but I can go through it
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
But since last year, i think i’m not the same. My motivation and my dream has faded away. I have no belief what i’m doing and what goal will i want
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I often ask myself why i am being like this? And why i want to study master level
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I’m so afraid that I might not make it. The marks of assignment here is really a lot, but I still not sought a way to finish it
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Maybe i’ll try uni’s service of well being too
I’m sorry you’re dealing with this. You need to find a psychologist in the UK to talk to. This will take time to work through your feelings. Universities all have medical and health departments. You can always see a specialist through the school. Which university are you at?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
But how could I have more faith in myself and being focus?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I am very lazy and my reading speed is very slow, these two weeks. I almost stay at room, didn’t meet anyone
Your not the first student to have difficulty dealing with the stress of school. I’ve seen this with medical students and residents in the hospital. We are very aware of the tremendous stress that students go through. Universities will work with you.
Their goal is to educate and help students. You must speak with the dean’s office and let them know of your problems.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you. Do you have any suggestions how I can improve my mindset and stay focused?
You’re welcome. This isn’t something that I can treat online. You need to talk to the dean’s office and they will get you help. Try getting outside for fresh air and some exercise to help clear the mind.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Okay thank you. I try to use the service
You’re welcome. Please go to the dean’s office and they will help you.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** thought I can handle this, but it has been almost 2 months, still struggle. I have emailed them. Thank you. I will face it no matter how late or bad it is.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for your cheer up