Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

I have a lump that I was hoping to get some insight about...

Hi! I have a lump that I was hoping to get some insight about... It is on my pubic area.
JA: How old are you? What symptoms are you having?
Customer: I am 21. The lump is red and quite noticeable, and tender to the touch. I have another lump right beneath it, but it seems as though that one is harder and more under the surface.
JA: Got it. When was your last smear test or pelvic exam? Any irregular results from past exams?
Customer: About 6 months ago, nothing irregular.
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: Nope
Hi! I am Dr Saleem. Welcome to JA.

Thank you for the question. I will be answering your query shortly.

I understand your concern.

Can you see any pus or discharge coming out of that lump?

Are you sexually active?

Any history of STIs?

Can you please share a picture of that?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
There is no discharge coming out of it.
I am sexually active, but I haven't been since August, because I have a long distance girlfriend at the moment.
No history of STIs.
Do you want a picture of my lump?

Yes. If that's okay with you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
File attached (3G2175V)

Thank you for sharing the photo. That's an abscess in evolution. It may open up later and start discharging some pus. I suggest you apply warm compresses on this every 4 hours and keep it clean. You may also apply topical triple antibiotic Neosporin on this for 5 days. For pain you can use Tablet Ibuprofen 400 mg as needed. That should help.

Please let me know if you have any other queries. Thanks.