How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 62946
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now

Ive been experiencing pain in the vaginal area. Itching,

This answer was rated:

Hello, ive been experiencing pain in the vaginal area. Itching, bleeding at times and a painful lump. I have tried to make an appointment with my gp 2 days ago but unable to as yet. It is very painful to walk and sit. I had a full hysterectomy several years ago . Im feeling anxious and extremely sick that these are symptoms of vaginal cancer. I'm unable to sleep. Can you advise me on what I should do if I can't see a gp
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: Since last Friday. The pain doesn't go. I have tried to examine myself and looks to be some kind of growth on the entrance of my vagina
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I can't think of anything, but I can't stop worrying

This is Dr. David.

You may have a swollen or infected bartholin's cyst in the vaginal area.

You should go to the local hospital A&E department to see a doctor.  They can give you a course of antibiotics to see if that helps.  You should use hot and cold towel compresses on your vaginal area to see if that helps .

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Should I go now?

Yes, you should go now.

Dr. David and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Ok thank you