Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have been experiencing pain in my upper abdomen for 4 days

I have been experiencing pain in my upper abdomen for 4 days now. It is sore to the touch, worse when I stand up. There is no fever, no vomiting, no diarrhoea. It gives me a feeling of fullness and I get acid reflux and the need of burping quite often. The pain is dull and sometimes it gets sharp for a few seconds. I had an ECG on my Apple Watch and it came back normalI have a history of MS, and I had my flu shot 4 days ago. I am 28F.I am worried about stomach ulcers or pancreatitis. I have not taken ibuprofen in case NSAIDs would make it worse

Dear Customer: Greetings, this is Dr. Basu, experienced Medical Specialist and former attending physician of Harvard Medical School. I am double board-certified with many years of experience. I did review your inquiry and I am hoping to give you at least some high quality
guidance here. Please ignore any call requests as they are automated responses by the website and not sent by the experts! TEXTING would be fine.
Please give me some time to review your concerns. Please be patient with me as I am on and off the computer so responses can be delayed at times, but I will be glad to help.

Is the pain located deep inside?

does it travel to your back?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It did travel to my back in the first two days, now it doesn’t anymore. It feels located deep inside
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It also travels to my left breast from side to side

Ok

In that case, this is likely nerve entrapment related pain.

Can be affected at thoracic spine.

Any arthritis or herniated disc at that area will cause pressure on nerves and pain.

You should get thoracic spine MRI scan and a neurology consultation.

Preferably a pain neurologist who has lot of experience in this field.

You can take over the counter Ibuprofen 600 mg per dose every 8 hours with food for pain control.

Warm compress also can be applied for local relief.

Medication wise, Gabapentin or Tramadol may help.

Physical therapy also recommended.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Could this be MS related?

Possible yes too

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok, thank you

welcome