Melissa Everett
Melissa Everett,
Experience:  Salaried GP at Chirk Surgery
114967505

Im working away from home. And I I think I have tonsillitis,

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: im working away from home.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: And I I think I have tonsillitis
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Without having to drive all the way home is there anyway I can get Antibiotics to fix this
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I’m Doctor Melissa and I hope I can help with your question.
What symptoms are you having?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Melissa.I’ve got tonsillitis as I’ve got loads little white dots at the back of my throat I’ve had this a few times.
Thanks. I’m afraid I can’t accept a phone call at the moment. I’m happy to continue to message, if you’re happy with this. If you’d prefer a phone call I can opt out so another expert can accept it.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Will I be re credited the £34 I just paid
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I’m working away from home I’m about one hour 40 minutes from my house I’ve got tonsillitis I need to see or speak to a doctor so I can give me your advice meals on penicillin that I can take.
if we don’t speak, you can get this back.
When did your symptoms start?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I’ve got little white dots on the back of my throat and I find it very hard to swallow I’m not eating
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay thank you please you could please could you advise me what I do next
Any fever? Any swollen lymph glands in your neck?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My glands do you feel swollen
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I’ve been struggling to sleep for the last couple of days
Thanks, ***** ***** coughing at all? How old are you?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No I’ve not got a cough and I am 42 years of age 19th 1179
You mentioned you’ve had this before, is this occasionally? Or something you get frequently?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think I’ve had this about 4 to 5 times in my lifetime.
Thanks. Do you have any other medical conditions? Are you on any regular medication?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No the only other issue I have I have hayfever which I won’t get this time of year.
When did your symptoms start?
Melissa Everett,
Experience: Salaried GP at Chirk Surgery
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Saturday I started having a sore throat Sunday I couldn’t sleep last night I couldn’t sleep and today I’ve got white dots on the back of my throat
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
We don’t need the phone now. We are nearly. Aren’t we ?
bear with me
Have you had a fever at all?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
When I get out the shower in the morning and try and dry myself I do start sweating straight afterwards. So yes I feel as if I will have a fever hot cold hot cold
Thanks, ***** ***** the sore throat, are you feeling unwell in yourself?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I feel a bit weak but apart from that I’m fine And a sore throat
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I think I need a really good sleep I’ve not had one for two days
Thanks. Bless you. It’s tough when you can’t sleep, makes everything worse. Have you been taking anything for the pain?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I’ve had Nurofen and ibuprofen.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I know we’re not done yet but thank you for talking to me at this difficult time
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
halls soothers
Thanks. Most sore throats are viral and get better by themselves, however with your symptoms I would consider antibiotics, unfortunately we can’t prescribe on this site, it’s for information and advice only.
Your options are - register as a temporary resident at a GP practice close to where you are currently and they should be able to help you. If you can let me know where you are, I can check if there are any unguent care centres or walk in GP surgeries close by. These are NHS services and so free. If you don’t mind paying, there are telemedicine sites that can help, I can signpost you to these if you like.
Other things that can help - you can add in paracetamol to the ibuprofen, salt water gargles, plenty of fluids and rest.
Let me know what further information you want from here.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My hotel that I’m staying at is Premier Inn GL7 1NP.
Ok, bear with me. I’ll see what I can find.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I’m happy to pay for them I just wanna feel better
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Are you still there Melissa
I’m here. Sorry for the delay.
I’ve found a minor injury and ailment centre at Cirencester Hospital. Their triage number is(###) ###-####There are also several GP surgeries - Phoenix***********
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok. Thank you for your help. I think we are done. ??
Almost, I have a few more numbers for you
St Peter’s Road 01285*****01285 653122
The Park 01285 654733
if you’d prefer a private telemedicine service-https://www.pushdoctor.co.uk/https://www.livi.co.uk/https://doctorcareanywhere.com/There are others available, let me know if you need more numbers.I hope this has helped and that you feel better soon.Take care.
perhaps contact customer services for a refund for the phone call request.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
This is very unfair with the £34. I really haven’t got the energy I am very unwell I can’t be bothered now try and chase someone for £34
I’m sorry. If I could do it on your behalf, I would. Maybe do it tomorrow, when you’re feeling a bit better.
Thank you so much for the positive rating. I’m glad I could help. I hope you get sorted, if there’s anything more you need in the future, you’re welcome to ask for me if you’d like. Take care.
no contact
No contact