Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

Can help me understand what Serum C reactive protein level

Can help me understand what Serum C reactive protein level is? My result came vack as 5.1mg
Hi. I’m Dr. Mark. I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist you. Have you had a recent infection or some autoimmune disease?
A CRP (C reactive protein )test measures the amount of CRP in the blood to detect inflammation due to acute conditions or to monitor the severity of disease in chronic conditions. CRP is a non-specific indicator of inflammation and one of the most sensitive acute phase reactants.
A higher than normal CRP level does not necessarily mean you have a medical condition needing treatment. There are other factors that can raise your CRP levels. These include cigarette smoking, obesity, and lack of exercise.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Is my results normal? Have you seen the screenshot
Your result is slightly elevated.
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok thank you
You’re welcome.