Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

I am concerned about two spots I got just over a week ago

Hi, I am concerned about two spots I got just over a week ago just under my right chest. It has been an itchy spot too. I got two of them. Few days ago it was really red and inflamed that I had to apply ice pack on it to reduce the redness and inflammation. I wanted to see if it was shingles or insect bite or a normal pimple.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer. 

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions. thanks for requesting me. It’s not shingles if it hasn’t spread to be more than this. It looks to me like two insect bites in the same spot. I would suggest using a lotion like calamine or Caladryl. It’s the pink stuff in the bottle. Thank you for trusting just answer with your question. Please let me know if you have further concerns or need me to clarify anything. if you have further concerns or need me to clarify anything.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you :)

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.

Sorry I didn’t mean to send that again. Thanks for asking for me. You can add me to your favorites or tag me in a question if you would like to consult with me again. Thanks for asking for me. You can add me to your favorites are tagged me in a question if you would like to consult with me again.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Would you advise to use hydrocortisone 1%? Or sudocrem?

Neither of those is very effective for an insect bite. The calamine or Caladryl lotion would be better. Or to be honest just leave it alone. If you wanted to use hydrocortisone it wouldn’t hurt.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think I will just leave it alone as when you put too much stuff on it it just gets worse and delays the healing process. But thank you so much for the advice :)

I think that’s a good plan and you’re very welcome.

Hello, just checking in to see if you have further questions or concerns. I am here to help. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Just taken a fresh pic - does it still look like insect bite ?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
1
Is it still use the two?    Doesnt look much better.    Still could be a bite but could also be folliculitis.   It can be treated with an acne lotion that contains either benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
just the two. I haven’t applied anything on it - just applied abit of tea tree oil with abit of vitamin e oil in it. Maybe I will have to get the lotion like you are stating

Tea tree oil will not be helpful.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I think tea tree makes it more red and inflamed. I think tea tree is abit harsh

Yes I agree

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It doesn’t itch as much as it used to. I will just get a lotion like you mentioned.

Ok, hoping it feels better soon.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Me too cheers

:)   Cheers