Zee J
Zee J,
Experience:  Expert
113630574

I coughed heavily whilst urinating overnight and have

Customer Question

I coughed heavily whilst urinating overnight and have somehow ruptured something as I'm now finding it painful to pass urine and also I have heavy blood loss
JA: How long have you been dealing with the cough? Are you having any other symptoms?
Customer: I have a cough constantly, pretty sure its a remnant of long covid
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am being monitored for prostate cancer but its a non-aggressive form
Expert:  Zee J replied 18 days ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. I’d be pleased to assist you. Kindly answer following questions for further advice:

Age? Male or female?

Past medical history?

Any medicines using?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
male aged 61, have a history of urine infections and this brought about sepsis a few years ago during the investigation previously it was found that I have prostate cancer but it's a non-aggressive form and therefore I've not received any treatment only a monitoring programme.
Expert:  Zee J replied 18 days ago.

Expert:  Zee J replied 18 days ago.

so you are passing blood in urine at the moment?

Expert:  Zee J replied 18 days ago.

Are you still there?

Expert:  Zee J replied 18 days ago.

Without the requested information, I can only give you a fairly general answer. I hope it is helpful.

Expert:  Zee J replied 18 days ago.

Blood in your pee could come from anywhere in the urinary tract – the bladder, kidneys or urethra (the tube that carries pee out of the body).

Expert:  Zee J replied 18 days ago.

Usual causes are:

1. Infection
  2. Stones 
  3. Prostate issues

Expert:  Zee J replied 18 days ago.

If you are having heavy bleeding and on the background history of prostate cancer, then most likely it is coming from prostate

Expert:  Zee J replied 18 days ago.

I would suggest you should have an examination plus ultrasound prostate and urine tests as soon as possible to see the situation of the prostate

Expert:  Zee J replied 18 days ago.

Otherwise it could become worse and dangerous and even cause blockage of urine

Expert:  Zee J replied 18 days ago.

Best would be to go and see doctor in local hospital emergency to have a quick assessment and if needed tests also

Expert:  Zee J replied 18 days ago.

I am still here

Please do let me know if you have any further questions I would be happy to answer

Best of luck