Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

My son has thick yellow snots and pulling at his ears and

Customer Question

My son has thick yellow snots and pulling at his ears and getting hot and cold sweats on a night
JA: Do you have a fever? Do you have any other existing medical conditions?
Customer: 36.5 to 36.4
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: nope
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 19 days ago.
Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

How long has he had these symptoms?

What is his age?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
He’s 4 He’s had the hot and cold sweats for a few weeks now and a few days for his yellow thick snots and a cough and just started with his ears
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 19 days ago.

It sounds like an infection and if it is there for a week then a bacterial infection involving the ears now is a possibility. I would suggest seeing a pediatrician as he would need antibiotics. Meanwhile, give him Ibuprofen syrup thrice a day, put a humidifier in the room, and give him lots of soups and ginger tea.

If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you. I will be happy to help you if you have any other questions in the future. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
How would I see a pediatrician and where at
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 19 days ago.

You can see your GP as he can prescribe antibiotics or he can refer you.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Ok thanks
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 19 days ago.

welcome.