Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Yesterday afternoon I knelt down and felt something pull in

Yesterday afternoon I knelt down and felt something pull in my knee, today my knee and halfway up my thigh is really swollen with pain in the back of my knee?. Should I go to hospital for a check up ?
JA: Have you had any recent injuries? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: I've been doing hot and cold wraps on my knee, taken naproxen. I'm a 61 year old female already taking morphine and duloxetine for existing conditions seperate from this.
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have mobility issues due to scoliosis and Osteoarthritis in my spine hence the medication.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer.

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.     Yes you should go to an urgent care or ER.

A swollen leg and pain can be a sign of a blood clot.   This could also be a Bakers cyst that has ruptured.  At any rate, it does sound like you need medical care.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you. I will make arrangements to go to A and E.
Thank you for trusting Just Answer. I would be pleased to assist you with a future question. You can request me by tagging me in your question or adding me to your favorites.