Dr Hayat
Dr Hayat, Specialty Dr Internal and Critical Care Medicine
Experience:  Expert
113699036

Can you answer me a medical realated question, i have a

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: can you answer me a medical realated question
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: i have a blood test for kidney funtion check because i was on ramipril tablet and next day the receptionist from surgery call me that your blood test results has came back and GP want to discuss you the test results on monday so monday morning call the surgey and book a telephone call from GP so i might confused is it any cause of serious concern?
JA: Is this a time sensitive issue? What type of specimen are they testing?
Customer: i have a blood test for kidney funtion check because i was on ramipril tablet and next day the receptionist from surgery call me that your blood test results has came back and GP want to discuss you the test results on monday so monday morning call the surgey and book a telephone call from GP so i might confused is it any cause of serious concern?
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: yah
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 10 days ago.
Hi. Dr Hayat here.  Welcome to JA
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
hello sir
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
have a blood test for kidney funtion check because i was on ramipril tablet and next day the receptionist from surgery call me that your blood test results has came back and GP want to discuss you the test results on monday so monday morning call the surgey and book a telephone call from GP so i might confused is it any cause of serious concern?
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
hello
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 10 days ago.
Ok. So this medicine in some percentage of patients effects the kidney function.  But it's reversible when the drug is stopped.  Not permanent.  That must be the reason for discussion
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
hello
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
will they issue me the new kind of prescription or because my blood pressure was too high last couple of years back and when they tested now its was 160 over 78
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 9 days ago.
Most definitely.  The prescription is changed to one that doesn't effect the kidney
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 9 days ago.
Anything else I can help with?
Expert:  Dr Hayat replied 9 days ago.

Best wishes.  Please feel free to contact if you have any further queries or need to follow up. I would be happy to help and guide. Have a nice day.