Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I hit my head on the side of a table a few days ago, (above

Customer Question

i hit my head on the side of a table a few days ago, (above temple area) and I've been feeling a lot of sharp pain headaches on the area of injury also my eyes have been feeling weird ever since i can't really focus on things too hard, i went to the emergency room yesterday and found out i had a viral infection something like (covid) and was told it had nothing to do with my head , i would like to hear your professional advice about my case
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
im just confused and concerned that i have damaged a nerve or damaged my brain , caused a small bleed or something
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 16 days ago.
Thank you for contacting Just Answer
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 16 days ago.

I am sorry to hear, if your head injury was concerning then you would have either lost consciousness or have vomited. These are the main symptoms associated with a raised intracranial pressure that would result from a bleed.

Therefore in the absence of these symptoms you are fine. Hitting the head will cause soft tissue damage that will be painful. Anything near your eyes will then effect the eyes as well.

But from what you have said - this is nothing to worry about.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
thank you for your response , is it normal to only have migraine pain where the injury happened ? the rest of my entire head feels fine , also ive been very tired but ive been sleeping from 8-6:30, i don't usually do so
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
also , i think im a little sensitive to light , as im always seeing light rays and halos in my vision ever since the injury
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
what are some symptoms i should look out for before goin back to the emergency room
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 16 days ago.
of course, soft tissue injury will only be painful where you damage it
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 16 days ago.

If worried, go to A&E for an examination