Dr Baker
Dr Baker, Family Physician
Experience:  MD
108371854

I have extreme anxiety and hyperhidrosis, I would like to

Customer Question

I have extreme anxiety and hyperhidrosis, I would like to know if you can help me with those issues?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: For a few years, I have social anxiety, and I sweat a lot even with making any effort, lately I have been sweating even in my bum. Everytime I sit somewhere even on the bus, and when I stand up the place is always wet and visible. It makes me feel bad. As for the extreme anxiety, I had it since college I have fear of public speaking and shaky hands when I have to give a presentation and It's having a toll on my confidence. Once my classmate even laughed at me in front of the class during a presentation. I would like to know if you can help me with that?
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes I have, but If I'm connected to a doctor, I would be able to better explain to him.
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 18 days ago.
Thank you for contacting Just Answer
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 18 days ago.

I am very sorry to hear. Have you had this investigate before at all? A blood test for example?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No I have not
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 18 days ago.
Okay. For these symptoms I would suggest a blood test. Checking thyroid mainly. If normal for the physical symptoms an SSRI like Sertraline would help with both the anxiety and sweating. I would start with this first.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I would like to talk with you on the phone but I see that the price is £34
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
In fact I'm having a public presentation tomorrow at the University and I was wondering if you can recommend and prescribe me something to stop the panic, the shaking. My hands, even my voice shakes when I have to give a presentation. Please
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 18 days ago.
Sorry for the delay, we must have been cut off
Expert:  Dr Baker replied 18 days ago.

I am sorry but Just Answer is an advice service only. We do not provide prescriptions