Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

When I do sit-ups what are the muscle type bands that

Customer Question

Hi, when I do sit-ups what are the muscle type bands that tense-up across my abdomen / belly button area?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 18 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer.

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.

Those are called your rectum abdominus muscles.   They provide core strength.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks for the response, and these muscles feel like nanda that traverse across the belly right?
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 18 days ago.

Yes, that is correct.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
bands
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks Doc - have a great day my friend
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 18 days ago.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer. I would be pleased to assist you with a future question. You can request me by tagging me in your question or adding me to your favorites.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 18 days ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** a lovely day.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Will do
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 18 days ago.