Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Morning, I've just moved to area and desperately need, some

Customer Question

Morning, I've just moved to area and desperately need, some medi action for my acute asthma, I do t know how to access help in horsham
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: I take ventolin inhaler and ventolin nebuliser and the brown inhaler, I'm currently taking prednisolone
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Thank u, I'm under a consultant for throat issues including vocal chords but they are not my problem today, tha k u just desperate to breath properly
JA: How severe is this?
Customer: I'm sure if I had my meds I could deal with it but I've just moved and can't find it, which is t hoping breathing
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 9 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I am Dr K. I have over 25 years of clinical experience and look forward to answering your question. i may need more information from you, so I may ask for that. My goal is to provide a complete answer to your question and to be sure you are satisfied with that answer.

I am sorry that you are having this problem but will do my best to assist you and answer your questions.   I’m assuming you have not located a GP.

The easiest way to get emergency care is to use the 111 service.   Call them first.

You can use your nebulizer every six hours.  I’m not sure what dose of prednisone you are on but 20 mg daily is recommended for five days for asthma attack.

Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank u yes I'm a long term user of these meds, my problem Is I need an emergency supply today till I can get to a dr and register. I can't ring my old dr as I'm out of his area, is 111 my best option
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 9 days ago.
111 is your best option.    You should get help today.     You may also be able to get a short supply at the local chemist.   Thank you for trusting Just Answer with your question. Please let me know if you have additional concerns or need me to clarify something. I am happy to help.
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 8 days ago.

Hello, just checking in to see if you have further questions or concerns. I am here to help. Thank you for using Just Answer.