Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, including surgery, general medicine, and pain.
18722459

I’ve been suffering with really bad sciatica for 2 weeks now

Customer Question

Hi I’ve been suffering with really bad sciatica for 2 weeks now and I’ve been to the walk in centre for it and the doctor told me to use cocodamol but it seems to have stopped working because I can feel a lot of pain now when I am working to the point that I had Friday off and am questioning whether to go in on Monday
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: ive suffered with sciatica for years now but never this bad. This pain has been since the 21/04/22
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Since Friday I haven’t taken any tablets in hopes they’ll work again next week and I can feel pain in the right side of my body at times aswell which is the same side as my nerve pain. Also I’ve never actually been diagnosed with sciatica so I don’t know exactly if it is that but it seems as though it is from why I’ve read
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 17 days ago.

You need to see the doctor again for an MRI and stronger pain medications

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I have an appointment on Saturday but i don’t know what to do until then