Khizra Naz
Khizra Naz, Doctor
Experience:  GP
108331350

I am struggling with anxiety and I think ocd maybe I’m

Customer Question

I am struggling with anxiety and I think ocd maybe I’m looking for ways to control it
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Is there anything in particular that seems to make the symptoms better or worse?
Customer: I have had it for a few years. I’m on medication however in recent weeks it has flared up a lot especially at night
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I seem to have 100 things going round in my head at one time, I feel like I have repeat the same Things over and over before I can settle. It’s got to the point I’m not sleeping well because I have to set my alarm for 4.30am every morning to get up to once again repeat patterns before I can settle again. It’s really effecing me
Expert:  Khizra Naz replied 18 days ago.

Hello My name is***** will try my best to help you.

I am sorry that you are going through this.

How old are you?

Since when you have this?

Have you been investigated for this?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am 27 years old, single mum to three girls. I started to get anxiety about 6 years ago. It was under control with medication however in recent weeks it has flared up and I have no idea what has triggered it or what I can do to try and settle it again

What medications are you on?

Any trigger? HOw's the diet?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am on propranolol 40mg 3x daily.
I’m not sure what has triggered it. Feel like I need to walk round my house 5 times before bed. Put the switches on and off. Convince myself the kids are going to stop breathing in their sleep. I’m really not sure what the trigger was. It’s mostly at night. I feel like during the day I’m fine.
Diet is okayish. Some days I eat really well and healthy, some times I can go days without a meal because I have no appetite

If propanolol i not helping with the symptoms, I think it would be reasonable to start on anti anxiety medications, you can be started on sertraline and citalopram for this.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I feel like the only issue I have going to a doctor is my doctor is actually married to my manager at work so it kind of makes me uneasy. Although I know things are confidential even going to my dr is causing me stress

It will be confidential, he cannot tell anything to wife.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I should go back and maybe talk about a change of medication?

Yes.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok. Is there anything else I can do in the meantime without medication

I would advise a self referral to mental health services in your area, talking therapies, exercise, behavioural therapies should help in this regard.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok thank you so much. I guess I will try get some sleep and call the dr tomorrow. Thank you for your advice really appreciate it

You are welcome.