Dr Geyik, MBBS
Dr Geyik, MBBS,
Experience:  Expert
113018656

Why is my 4 year old getting hot and cold sweats on a night

Customer Question

Why is my 4 year old getting hot and cold sweats on a night and he’s soaking in sweat
Expert:  Dr Geyik, MBBS replied 20 days ago.

Hello. This is Dr Geyik and I will be assisting you today.

Can I please ask if you have checked his temperature? Any signs of pain, rash, cough, breathing issues, vomiting, diarrhoea, urine symptoms or other symptoms? 

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Is temp is 36.5 he has got a cough plenty of wet nappies and dnt know about pain as he carnt tell me as he’s disabled

A temperature of 36.5 is normal.

How is his breathing? Does he look well or unwell?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
He seems to be breathing fine this problem has been going on awhile and all I get tol do of docs and walkin that it’s a viral

Is he eating/drinking fine and growing normally?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Year he’s drinking and eating fine

So apart from these hot and cold sweats at night, he is well otherwise; is that correct?

And do you have any concern what it might be since doctors have checked him over?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Year his fine part from the hot and cold sweats him sweating bad u can see it and a cough
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
All I keep getting is it’s a viral I think it more than that tbh

Does he have any medical conditions such as asthma?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
He has neva been tested for asthma he has got a cyst on his brain , cerable paulsey, visual impairment and he has epilepsy as well
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
He has epeleptic seizures and none epeleptic seizures

In the absence of any other symptoms, I do not think there is any sinister illness.

It is difficult to tell why he is getting these night sweats without assessing him.

If he is on any medications, these can cause night sweats. So, his GP can look into that.

If you are still concerned that there is something wrong, you could ask his GP to arrange blood tests to check for anything abnormal.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Year the docs I have are hopeless same as the walkin get the same rubbish all the time

You can try the following telemedicine doctors as they both see patients face to face and they can make an assessment and gogodoc can also arrange blood tests and refer him to specialist if needed. These are private GP services and they have a fee but you can still have a look and see what you think.

https://www.pushdoctor.co.uk/

https://gogodoc.com/