Dr. Gupta
Dr. Gupta, Doctor
Experience:  Vastly experienced MD Physician with 19 years of experience.
239748

My son is 37 as had severe stomach pains excessive diaharie

Customer Question

My son is 37 as had severe stomach pains excessive diaharie when eats anything as a lump on intestine as much in his stools which often as blood what could this be
JA: How long have you been in pain? Are you experiencing any vomiting or nausea?
Customer: 3 years and yes vomiting he is very thin
JA: Is there anything else the Doctor should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He used to take cochineal a lot and smokes weed
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 15 days ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer. Thank you for your question. I’m Dr. Gupta and I can help you today. I'll be back in a moment with my reply!
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
It's urgent
Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 15 days ago.

I am sorry to hear that and sorry for the delay,

Chronic diarrhea with blood in the stools may suggest Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD as a possible cause)

I would recommend a gastro opinion and endoscopy and stool tests and blood test to confirm the same,

Warm regards

Expert:  Dr. Gupta replied 14 days ago.

I hope I was able to answer your question. If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish, again my name is*****