Dr. Mark
Dr. Mark, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  board certified internal medicine
19706630

I suffer greatly from anxiety and health OCD and I am

Customer Question

Hi there,I suffer greatly from anxiety and health OCD and I am paranoid about my children getting diseases.. We have travelled back from a few countries of high risk hep and I am planning on getting my 2.5 year old tested with a PCR RNA for hep B & C. With my OCD I have the inability to rationalise things. So yes it sounds extreme but it’s quietens my OCD anxiety.I wondered does a child blood look different to an adults blood? I’m worried if they need to do a special child’s test or would the test pick up any infection regardless of if they know it’s an adult or a child?Thank you!
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 17 days ago.

Hi. I’m Dr. Mark. I’m a board certified physician and happy to assist you.  Give me a few minutes to respond.

Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 17 days ago.

Pcr tests are the same for kids and adults.   Their blood is the same. There is no difference in testing with pcr for children and adults.  Ok?  Does that answer your question?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ok thank you so when looking under a microscope they wouldn’t even know? I just don’t know if I should be going to a special child blood services or if i’m ok with the one I ordered online!
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 17 days ago.
They would not know the difference under a microscope. There’s no difference.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thank you for your help.
Expert:  Dr. Mark replied 17 days ago.

You’re welcome. My pleasure to assist you.    Do you understand?  Need any clarification or additional information?