Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Experience:  17 yrs experience in treating OPD & Emergency patients.
11269312

I have chronic pain on my rght hand side just below the

I have chronic pain on my rght hand side just below the ribs. I have had this for well over a week now.
JA: Have you used any medication for pain?
Customer: yes, paracetamol and oramorph this is not touching the pain
JA: Got it. Have you seen a doctor about pain?
Customer: No as had a scan last Friday and not heard since
JA: Thank you so much for your time. Finally, is there anything else in your medical history you think the Doctor should know?
Customer: I do have Cirrhosis of the liver, Type 2 diabetes, Crohns Disease

Hello, my name is***** thank you for your question. I am a qualified MD with 18 years’ experience and I am happy to work with you on this.

Please provide some more information so that I can provide you with a better informed answer.

What is your age?

How long have you been having these symptoms?

Any recent unprotected sexual exposure?

Have you seen a doctor for this?

Please provide this info and I will help you further with my answer.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I am 70 years of age, for a couple of weeks, no to the sex question. Yes and told to take pain killers which have not helped.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Sorry cannot afford this and will find help elsewhere
As you have already paid, I will help you through text. You can simply go through this answer.

A pain in this area could be due to:

Acid Peptic Disorder: this is the most common cause. Although more common on the left side, there can be pain in this region too. Sometimes there may be more severe forms of APD like gastritis and gastric erosions/ulcers.

Pancreas: conditions like pancreatitis.

Cholecystitis: The pain of cholecystitis may be increased sharply on breathing in due to the gall bladder touching the diaphragm. The pain may be associated with symptoms like indigestion, fever, vomiting.

Liver pain: conditions in the liver like fatty liver or hepatitis could cause pain in this region.

Pleuritis: inflammation of the lining of the lung could cause pain in the chest which is increased on breathing. THis is usually associated with coughing.

Costochondritis:Inflammation of the rib joints which make the ribs tender to the touch.

Dysesthesia: a sensation in the nerves supplying the skin which can cause various sensations like pain in the skin along that nerve.

Psychological causes of chest pain are common and include panic attacks, anxiety, stress and mental duress

The most likely among these causes is acid peptic disorder. You should assume this to be the cause first. You can try initially with some antacid, like Mylanta (OTC) 2 tsf three times daily and Capsule Prilosec once daily assuming it to be acid reflux. This will usually control the pain.

If it persists you need to show your doctor and discuss about these other causes of pain.

Hope this resolves your query. If you need more help, just write back here so l can continue to assist. Stay safe!

Dr. P. Jyoti

Customer: replied 17 days ago.

Glad to help.

Wish you best of health and a quick recovery. I would like to know of your progress, please keep me informed on this thread if possible.

If you require help again, you can always come back to the JA site and ask your question. If you want me as your expert in the future, you can mark me as 'Favourite Expert' and use the “Ask me a new question” feature.

A bonus is always welcome!!

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I cannot rate you as the link does not work.

Thats ok. You can just write 5 star here.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
5 Stars

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I have replied to you twice now so please double check my answers. Thank you

I am sorry, where is your reply? Do you mean that you wanted to ask me something?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Stop requesting my answer to your consultation as I have already given this to you and star rating. Please go over the consultation etc and you will see.

I have not sent you any requests, it must have been done automatically by the website

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I did/have

Ok

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
You owe me £38 as you took this from my bank account without my permission. Please return this said amount to my bank asap the same way you took this amount. Thank you

Sorry to hear about this.

For any complaints about payment, you have to write to customer service. We are medical experts who log on to the site just as you have done and do not have any knowledge or authority on payment services.

You can reach them here:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us

or

Call 1(888)(###) ###-####/p>

I will be happy to assist you on medical questions but I am unable to help you on website related issues.